If you have kids, you probably spend a lot of time looking for activities to help keep them entertained. If you happen to live in Plano or Carrollton, Texas, you will have no shortage of options to choose from. Plano and Carrollton are neighboring cities located in the north suburbs of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan area. Plano was ranked #1 on the Forbes list of America’s Safest Cities, and Carrollton was ranked 15th Best Place to Live Among Small Cities by Money Magazine. Both cities are great places to bring up children, with plenty of fun indoor and outdoor attractions nearby.
Here are several of the family-friendly places that you can take your kids to in the Plano and Carrollton areas of Texas:
- Heritage Farmstead Museum This living history site is a great way for your family to learn all about the history of the Texas Blackland Prairie region. With over 10,000 objects and archival materials, the Heritage Farmstead Museum has plenty of collections and exhibits that will spark your interest.
- The Interurban Railway Museum From children’s story time to scouting programs, the Interurban Railway Museum is a great place to go with your kids to experience interactive exhibits on electricity, science, and Plano’s history. Best of all, its free admission!
- Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve With over 800 acres of scenic land, Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve is Plano’s largest park and features 7.9 miles of paved paths and 5 miles of soft surface trails. The park also welcomes kayakers, canoeing, and paddleboarders, which is great for families who enjoy an outdoor adventure!
- Amazing Jake’s Fun and Food This indoor attraction was made for the kids, with go-karts, mini golf, laser tag, rock climbing, bumper cars, and more! To top it all off, the exciting establishment also offers an all-you-can-eat-buffet!
- Mill-Again Stables A-state-of-the-art horse riding school located in Plano, this riding academy will teach lessons to riders of any age, so it’s a perfect outing for the whole family!
- Jump Mania Not only does Jump Mania have 5 inflatables for hours of bouncing fun, but they also have an arcade with 16 games, bumper cars, mini golf, and mini bowling.
- Nickelmania You’ll want to bring your nickels and your game face to this establishment, so you can enjoy over 125 new and classic video games, win tickets, and get prizes!
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve Hiking and biking trails weave their way through this beautiful 200-acre nature preserve peppered with pavilions and a playground.
- Main Event Entertainment From billiards and bowling to karaoke and laser tag, this could easily become your go-to destination for regular family outings. It’s also a great place for parties and events and has a full-service menu as well as an event menu.
- The Rose Gardens of Farmers Branch Located in the neighboring town of Farmers Branch, this antique rose garden is a must if you are looking to take some beautiful family photos. When the roses are in bloom, it’s absolutely picturesque with multiple rose gardens, a butterfly garden, and a bird sanctuary.
At Parker-Chase Preschool, we believe that it’s important for families to spend time together regularly. Doing fun activities with your children is a good way to strengthen your bond with them. Children who have close relationships with their parents are often more likely to listen, help, and open up about any problems that they may have in their lives.
Parker-Chase Preschool has two convenient locations in Carrollton and Plano. Both locations are just a quick drive away from these attractions and more, offering endless opportunities for family fun and bonding!