Children come to view their peers not as competitors but as resources. Mutual tutoring, a sense of shared progress and shared goals, and a feeling of teamwork are the natural outcomes of cooperative problem-solving. Through play that is guided by adults, children learn concepts about the physical world, language, social skills, problem-solving, motor coordination and self-confidence.
Parker-Chase Preschool strives to be a model of quality early education and care for our community by:
- Providing a responsive environment where children and adults feel supported and free to explore materials, ideas and feelings;
- Fostering healthy self-esteem in each individual by respecting the individual’s needs, abilities, personality, and culture;
- Fostering the development of each child’s social-emotional, cognitive, language, physical, and creative abilities through the use of developmentally appropriate activities and practices;
- Providing a safe, clean environment that promotes safety, healthy practices, and an appreciation for nutritious food;
- Working in partnership with parents to ensure that children are receiving the highest quality of care.